Seven Basic Steps to Maintaining a Good Relationship
North Oakland Counseling LLC   (248) 841-4080 - Therapy & Counseling for Individuals, Couples & Families
My Blog

Seven Basic Steps to Maintaining a Good Relationship

1- Be aware of what you and your partner want for yourselves and what you want from the relationship.
2- Let one another know what your needs are.
3- Realize that it might be impossible for your partner to meet all your needs.
4- Be welling to negotiate and compromise on things you want from one another.
5- Do not demand that your partner changes to meet all your expectations. Work to accept the differences that you see between your ideal and the reality.
6-Try to see things from the other's point of view, this doesn't mean that you must agree with one another, but rather that you can expect yourself and your partner to understand and respect your differences, your point of view and separate needs.
7- Where critical differences exist in your expectations, needs, opinions or view , try to negotiate.

8 Comments to Seven Basic Steps to Maintaining a Good Relationship:

Comments RSS
melbourne therapists on Wednesday, April 04, 2012 2:36 AM
All of life's experiences are enhanced when shared with friends and family. Your shared seven basic steps to maintain a good relationship will help regain and strengthen ties to loved ones.
Reply to comment

Love Back on Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:14 AM
Sound like very impressive read man! Maintain a good relationship is very important for every person. Your seven tips of maintaining relationship are truly great to me and all other visitors. I will keep your tips in my mind for develop my love relation. Thanks!!!
Reply to comment

Medical Supplies on Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:57 AM
It is really interesting to read this post. I like this post.
Reply to comment

Aaron Norman on Monday, January 07, 2013 1:19 PM
Thanks for providing helpful basic steps to maintain good relationships. I always try my best when with someone a bit of complication starts with me. I'll keep in mind these ways and will apply to maintain good relationship for longer time. Relationship quotes
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Monday, January 07, 2013 1:20 PM
Reply to comment

Pharmacy Services on Monday, February 11, 2013 2:55 AM
I genuinely enjoy reading your post. Thanks for sharing these different thoughts with us.
Reply to comment

Buy Tadalafil on Friday, April 12, 2013 6:04 AM
It's really nice information provided by you. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Reply to comment

yalaecom on Sunday, June 01, 2014 9:15 AM
Simply want to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is just spectacular and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.
Reply to comment